4.24.2011

Styling for a Cause



Firstly I do apologize for not blogging in a while.  I was both incredibly busy and incredibly ill :( I'm much better and wanted to share a recent special party...or should I say ParTea I was delighted to help out and collaborate with.

April 21st was all about combining fashions with fundraising!  St Laurent Centre raised funds for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation by throwing a Royal ParTea event that made us feel like we were all princesses (and for a few, princes).  High Tea was served to 125 guests in the gallery room of the Museum of Nature which was transformed into something you would see out of New York or LA.  It was absolutely magnificent.  Models from M.I.M. featured royal inspired fashions (pulled and styled by guess who?! ;) and guest speaker at the event was miss Jeanne Beker. WHOA!! An idol to so many fashionistas.  Jeanne was so gracious and lovely.  I enjoyed every minute spent with her as we were prepping for the event....aaaaand....she wore one of the hats I pulled for the show!

 The detailing, the time and the dedication that was put into the Royal ParTea was very apparent.  It was an honor to be a part of it.  Enjoy. xx
The Clothes! Kate Middleton fashions are now easily found :)

The sweet MIM models : Brenda, Alissa P, Alyssa K and Annaise. Beauties.
 
M.I.M. models Dina, Brenda, Alissa P, Alyssa K, Annaise, Gabriel and Victoria.  Clothes all from St Laurent Centre.
 
Interior Designer hard at work : Lee-Ann Lacroix
The interviews! Erica from Erica on Fashion (http://www.ericawark.com/) busy interviewing Bernice Rachkowski, Marketing Director from St Laurent.  Both wearing BCBG dresses.  Bernice's wedge sandals are Sam Edelman and Erica is wearing Louboutin pumps. 
Makeup artist Melody doing what she does best!! 
book signing, and signing....and signing.  Jeanne was so gracious and lovely. 
Jeanne wearing a Jacques Vert hat I had pulled for the show.  Was so pleased to add this hat to her outfit.
Jeanne photographed here with a sweet friend of mine Steven.  Loving the green on green - dashing with that bow tie.
The guests..!!.....There's James Jefferson from Blackbook Lifestyle
Ooooooooh my sweet colleagues from M.I.M. PR gal Stephanie and M.I.M. owner Sophie. xx

2 comments:

  1. Great post and thanks for the shout out! Had such a great time - you did a beautiful job styling - as always!!

    xx

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked like a fabulous event- I need to know where that furniture came from.. I love it.

    ReplyDelete